1.02.2010

Preparing a Place

After leaving China, I've wrestled with whether we made the right decision in leaving our foster baby. Through my tears one evening, my very wise husband reminded me of this verse:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. -John 14: 1-3

This verse rings so true with our situation. We have left China to prepare a place for our baby. Had we stayed in China, we would not have met the requirements to adopt from China. Crazy, I know, but we would not have met the income requirements. Our baby still would have been listed for adoption and we, her foster parents, would not be able to adopt her. This separation is temporary but our family is eternal.

All this being said, she still has not been listed for adoption and there are no guarantees that we will be selected as her family but we remain hopeful. We are doing everything we can to reunite with her. God knows the desires of our hearts and we pray every day as a family that she will be in our arms soon. Please pray for this with us!!

As for Benji, he is doing AWESOME!! We know we made the best decision for him. Despite being born in China, he is American through and through!! He has improved so much and his favorite thing to tell us is "Thank you home from China; I love you whole much!!". What a confirmation!

Emily is doing great too and though I feared she may fall back into the materialistic American culture, she has not. She is as sweet as ever and is such a generous, selfless little girl. We are blessed, very, very blessed.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad to hear that Benji and Emily are doing so well! I can't imagine how hard it was to leave your baby. Praying for God to orchestrate every detail (as only He can!) to reunite all of you as a family-FOREVER!

Kim said...

So glad to hear things are going well, Sarah--God has SURELY used your family. I am excited about what He has in store for you.