3.05.2010

It is Well

It has been forever since I've updated this blog!! We've been so busy with our new life in Michigan that I haven't had the energy to update. So if anyone is still reading this, here's a little recap of what's been going on in the past couple of months.

We moved to Holland, Michigan in December and absolutely love it here! It's hard to be away from family and friends but hey, it's a heck of a lot closer than China!!

Emily and Benji have adjusted well and are in a local charter school. Emily skipped 3rd grade and is excelling in 4th grade(even tested up to 5th grade in some subjects!). That's what she gets for having a genius as a father :) Benji is doing well too. He's fully included and we didn't even have to ask for it!! They just do it at this school!! It's great to be in a school with an administration that understands special education and best practice. We miss our "Moberly","Fleace", and "Harper" (Benji's previous teachers)but still keep in touch with them.

I am working for Head Start as a mental health specialist. I work with kiddos that have behavior or developmental concerns. I'm really enjoying it and love that I'm on a school schedule. I'm looking forward to Spring Break and summer vacation with my Em and Benj!

Dennis is working for Bethany Christian Services (Benji's adoption agency). He is the intake coordinator and also has helped them out with a huge grant.

Our house still hasn't sold. Ugh! There are now some issues with the renters' credit so please keep this situation in your prayers. We have to move out of our current rental in May and were hoping to buy a new home here.

Things are looking really positive for adopting our foster baby!!!! We now have an agency we are working with and they are working on obtaining her file. We have a ton of paperwork ahead of us but it is so worth it. We are so anxious to have that sweet baby back in our arms.

I'll update more later when we get official news about the adoption. Hopefully it will be soon!!

No comments: