8.07.2010

Camp Geneva Rocks!

Benji recently went to a week long day camp at Camp Geneva - (www.campgeneva.org). He had a blast making new friends with campers AND counselors, swimming, playing games, and singing songs about Jesus! At the beginning of the summer I didn't even think this camp so close to home would be an option for a child with Down syndrome but a friend from church, whose own kids went there said she was sure they'd welcome him. So, I contacted them and they said "We'd love to have him!" They have a special needs coordinator who got to know him before he came and let him come out to check it out the week before he started. The counselors welcomed him with open arms and once again Benji demonstrated his "rock star" (as he likes to call himself) qualities as he waved, hugged, and high-fived them everyday. This was inclusion at its best and in my opinion, a little glimpse of heaven. Thanks Camp Geneva!!

Here are a few photos of the week and no, I didn't hang out and stalk him, they were taken by his counselors.







No comments: