7.11.2011

Gotcha Day

What an amazing day!  We went down to breakfast this morning and you could just feel the excitement from all of the families.  I would go from moments of smiling to moments of tearing up just thinking of seeing Piper Jia Yu after a year and half wait.

Here are some of the families going into the registration office, the place where we would receive our children:

Another picture of 2 happy couples, anxiously awaiting their daughters' arrivals:


She's here!!!!!!!!  She was the first in our group to arrive and I was talking and didn't even see her come in.  Then I heard Dennis exclaim "Jia Yu!"


She didn't want to come to me at first, so I bribed her with a cookie:


You can see the scared look in her eyes.  My heart aches for what she is going through right now:


But just a couple of hours later...we got our first smile (and they've been plentiful ever since):




3 comments:

Jessie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Praying for all of you!

The Fryar Family said...

SO Happy for you guys!!! She is Beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

aIt has been so great hearing of your journeys. I hope all is well and that the blessings are bountiful!