6.04.2009
Dear Birthmother...
To Benji's dear birthmother,
Six years ago today you brought a precious gift into this world. You named him Ma, Nok-hang. You carried him to term and planned to keep him and raise him because you loved him so much. Shortly after his birth you were told he was struggling to breathe and I know this must have pained you greatly because you loved him so much. Then the doctors told you he had Down syndrome. They explained to you that he would require extra care. You admitted that you were sick and were unable to give him the care he needed. You decided to choose adoption for him because you loved him so much. You had very little money, yet you went out and bought him some special things and had a picture taken of yourself for him to have because you loved him so much. Though I can tell you had been crying, you put on a brave face and smiled for him because you loved him so much.
I know this day must be incredibly hard for you. I'm sure you are thinking of him, loving him, missing him. I want you to know that we love him with all of our hearts! He is happy, healthy and thriving! He prays for you nightly; we all do. We love you for the wonderful gift you have given us and are so grateful.
Love,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful letter. God has blessed Benji so. I am so glad I got to meet him when I visited Rachel and stayed at Mother's Choice and again at Rachel and Kyle's wedding almost 4 years ago. We are all praying for your new adventures in China.
love,
Robin
Sarah~
What a moving letter! God has blessed all abundantly in your family (including Benji's birth mother by giving him to you to unconditionally love). I have been reading that you are taking on a new venture in life to China. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Susie Egr
So touching...and it captures my thoughts about Yan's birthmom as well! What gifts from God! I wish I could put all the "birthmoms" minds at ease knowing that these little ones are so loved!
All the updates are great! So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment