I went to pick up Benji from school yesterday and usually he greets me with a hug and a "hi mom". Well yesterday the first thing he said was "no 'mout" ('mout is his word for time-out). I first took this to mean that he had no time-outs at school but his aide said he had one in the morning. Anyway, we got in the car and he kept saying "no 'mout, mommy, no 'mout". I just said "Be a good boy tomorrow and do your work and you won't get a time-out." However, I had a feeling something was up, like when he says "sorry, mommy" and hours later I'll find something broken or something of Emily's hidden in his room.
So, we got home and I proceded to clean out his backpack and lunch box. I opened up the lunch box and sure enough, discovered the reason for "no 'mout". Benji had snuck "Math Dog" from school and stashed it in his lunch box before anyone could see. Math Dog is a very important part of his teacher's class and she has been using it for years to teach math to her students. Math Dog also helps motivate Benji to do his work or go to the potty. Knowing this, I knew they never would have let Benji "borrow" Math Dog.
I called his teacher and sure enough Math Dog was taken without permission. Benji did get a 'mout for this but I must admit in private Dennis and I couldn't stop laughing. Benji decided he wasn't giving Math Dog up without a fight so this is what he emailed to his teachers (ok, maybe it was daddy's idea):
3 comments:
Thank you so much for that story. I couldn't stop laughing myself picturing Benji doing that. What a creative and clever little boy he is even if what he did was deserving of a 'Mout :o) Love to all of you and a kiss and hug to my sneaky, clever little man.
I love it!! I know when Yan is about to do something naughty, because she comes and tells me she's sorry...and then goes and does it! (I don't think she's quite mastered the meaning of "sorry" :-)
Benji, you crack me up bud!
Oh that is just too cute! How funny and smart is Benji!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I refound yours! I'll add it to my blog list so I can check it out more often:)
Post a Comment