5.26.2008

We're Going to China!.....Someday




Hey everyone! I've decided to give this blog thing a try and let you all take a peek at our lives. Most of you know it has long been on our hearts to go to China and with God's help, make days a little easier and a little happier for orphans with special needs.

Our story really started 10 years ago when Dennis and I married and vowed to live a simple life of service together. I sang at our wedding a song by Gina Boe entitled "Simple Life" Here are some of the lyrics:

We aren't much for fame, or riches untold
And we don't need a lot of things, like silver and gold
'cause we found a treasure that will never pass away
It's the life that Jesus gave to us and the love we share each day
We could try to gain the world, but it would never compare
With everything we have in Him and the love that we share
Life is so much more than what this world says it should be
It's the hope we have in Him and the love of Calvary
And I want to live a simple life with you
Serving Him together in whatever we do
We won't find our joy in the treasures of this earth
But we will find our pleasure when we willingly serve
There's a beauty only seen in a simple life of humble means
When you know that you are satisfied with the joy you find in Jesus Christ

If we could go to China tomorrow, we would but we've got Emily and Benji's well being to consider and feel like we've got to get some practical stuff out of the way first. Most importantly we need to make sure Benjamin is strong enough to go and his health (mostly trachea) is o.k. because we can't count on having doctors accessible all the time in China like we do here. Secondly, Dennis is finishing up his first year of post-grad school, working on his PhD in social work. We are hoping to go in 2010, which seems like forever to us but probably more like "right around the corner" for the grandparents.

I'll post more later; just wanted to give you an update of what's going on with us. I hope to blog a lot in China as way to keep in touch and let you know how we are. As for now, it will probably be sporadically as our lives are pretty boring at the moment! If you get a moment to pray for us, please pray that He will make clear the direction He wants us to go, help us all learn Mandarin Chinese and prepare our family (especially the kiddos) for the adventures - (AKA: culture SHOCK) that lie ahead. Thanks so much!!

Sarah

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you started the blog!!! God has put China on my heart and I am so excited that you are following Christ's lead on a journey there. I cannot wait to see how your/His story unfolds!

We love you guys!

Green Fab 4 said...

Sarah! What fun it will be to keep up with you and your family through your blog! :) It has been far too long since we've visited in person, but atleast I can feel a bit more connected with you now! ;) SO excited to hear more about China and what God has for your family there.

Toni@bh said...

Thank you for sharing your journey Sarah. We look forward to serving along side your family at Barren Heights in October.

Mrs. Garner said...

What a great way to document your journey to China! I will pray on this. When our kiddos are older I hope to get more involved in service as well. This is the beginning an exciting journey.

Eileen